Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Why did I go with the Honda Fit?

Okay to answer that question. Before I had the Fit, I had an '03 Pt Cruiser GT. Well I will say it was powerful, but it wasn't what I really wanted at the time due to some circumstances, (couldn't drive a stick shift.) Well at the time I wanted a Mini Cooper S, & maybe I should have went with it (or a Pontiac Vibe.) For three years, it wasn't really all that bad. I put 2 JL 12Wos in it. Well after the 3rd year, things went horrible. I had to take it to the shop every month for a year, even for the mistakes I made by trying to fix it myself. So I decided "That's just it!! I'm trading you." Another reason was the price of gas getting higher & higher, to where I could even barely make it. I had to run premium on it, too. So basically it was just pointless. So I decided to go back to the subcompacts I was driving before. First was the Toyota Yaris. It wasn't bad, but it felt weird. It just felt like you was so isolated in such a small space, which kinda crept me out. I did like all the storage & cupholders. Next was the Kia Rio. To be honest, it was actually alright to me, but it lacked cruise control because I'm on the highway most of the time. Then there was the Versa, in which it wasn't bad too, but I didn't like the Intelligent Key. I have rented a Maxima once with that key. One time I couldn't turn the ignition key for 15 minutes. So that kinda scratched it off. Next was the Fit & my friend was telling me to get that instead. I drove the automatic on it & the manual. I chose the manual. But there was another car I should have test drove & that was the Suzuki SX4. I could've used the 4wd to get up the hill that I lived on. But still I'm happy with what I got. It took me a couple of years to pay it off, & now I'm still in the process of tuning. will be done very soon. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment